Omnia Capital Raising Becomes Unconditional
- Published: Wednesday, 11 August 2010 10:00
Omnia capital raising becomes unconditional
Omnia shareholders ("shareholders") are referred to the announcements published on SENS on Thursday, 20 May 2010 and Thursday, 29 July 2010 wherein shareholders were advised of a proposed R1 billion capital raising exercise to be implemented by Omnia by way of a renounceable claw back offer and rights offer of 20 million new Omnia ordinary shares ("offer shares") at R50 (fifty rand) ("subscription price") per offer share ("the offer"). In terms of the offer, each shareholder will be entitled to subscribe for 42.3282 offer shares at R50 per offer share for every 100 Omnia ordinary shares held by it as at Friday, 20 August 2010 ("the record date"). In addition to this entitlement to subscribe for offer shares, shareholders will be allowed to apply for offer shares in excess of their entitlement at the subscription price. In order to ensure that the full R1 billion is raised, the company has entered into a commitment and an underwriting agreement with certain institutional investors in terms of which they have agreed to subscribe for offer shares at the subscription price, and has furthermore obtained irrevocable undertakings from certain institutional shareholders to follow their rights in terms of the offer and/or apply for offer shares in excess of their entitlement in terms of the offer, at the subscription price (collectively, "offer commitments").
The board of directors of Omnia advised shareholders that the following suspensive conditions pertaining to the capital raising have been fulfilled:
- the offer commitments have become unconditional; and
- the circular setting out the detailed terms of the offer and the form of instruction in respect of the renounceable letters of allocation ("LA's") have been registered by the companies and intellectual property registration office.
As a result the offer has become unconditional and will be implemented in accordance with the timetable set out below.
Salient dates and times
- Last day to trade in Omnia ordinary shares ("ordinary shares") in order to settle by the record date and to qualify to participate in the offer (cum entitlement): Friday, 13 August
- Listing of LA's on the securities exchange operated by the JSE commences at the commencement of trading: Monday, 16 August
- Ordinary shares commence trading ex-rights on the JSE at the commencement of trading: Monday, 16 August
- Record date for participation in the offer at Friday, 20 August the close of business : Monday, 16 August
- The offer circular and, where applicable, a form of instruction posted to shareholders : Monday, 23 August
- The offer opens at the commencement of trading: Monday, 23 August
- Dematerialised shareholders will have their accounts at their centralised securities depository participant ("CSDP") or broker automatically credited with their entitlement : Monday, 23 August
- Certificated shareholders on the register will have their entitlement credited to an account held with Omnia's transfer secretaries : Monday, 23 August
- Last day to trade in LA's on the JSE : Friday, 3 September
- Listing of offer shares at the commencement of trading on the JSE : Monday, 6 September
- The offer closes at 12:00 - payments to be made and forms of instruction in respect of LA's lodged by certificated shareholders by 12:00 : Friday, 10 September
- Record date for LA's : Friday, 10 September
- Dematerialised shareholders' accounts will be updated with entitlements and debited with money by their CSDP or broker and certificates posted to certificated shareholders : Monday, 13 September
- Results of the offer released on SENS : Monday, 13 September
- Results of the offer published in the press : Tuesday, 14 September
- Dematerialised shareholders' accounts will be updated with excess offer shares (if any) and debited with money by their CSDP or broker: Tuesday, 14 September
- Share certificates and/or refund cheques in respect of applications for excess shares will be posted to certificated shareholders on or about : Wednesday, 15 September
The LAs will be listed on the JSE on Monday, 16 August 2010 and will trade under the JSE code: OMNN (short name: OMNIA NPL) and have been allocated an ISIN number of ZAE000147450.