- the sale by Omnia Group Investments Ltd ("OGI"), a subsidiary of Omnia, of 5% of the equity and shareholder loan claims in Omnia Group (Pty) Ltd ("Omnia Group"), a subsidiary of OGI, to Nanotron Investments (Pty) Ltd (referred to as "ExecCo"), a company to be owned by the executives of Omnia and Omnia (the "ExecCo Transaction").
- the sale by OGI of 2% of the equity and shareholder loan claims in Omnia Group (the "Sakhile II 1st Tranche") to Sakhile Initiative 2 (Pty) Ltd (previously, African Dune Investments 262 (Pty) Ltd) (referred to as "Sakhile II"), a company to be owned by black board members, executives and employees of Omnia and Omnia.
- the sale by OGI of a further 3% of the equity and shareholder loan claims in Omnia Group (the "Sakhile II Future Tranches") (together with the Sakhile II 1st Tranche referred to as the "Sakhile II Transaction") to Sakhile II during a period of up to 3 years from the effective date of the Sakhile II transaction, (collectively, the "transactions").
- Omnia is pleased to announce that it has obtained the necessary regulatory approvals for the transactions. Accordingly, a circular detailing the transactions and containing a form of proxy and notice of general meeting was distributed to shareholders on Thursday, 26 November 2009.
Notice of general meeting:
Notice is hereby given that a general meeting of shareholders will be held at 9:00am on Friday, 11 December 2009 ("general meeting") at the company's registered offices being Omnia House, 13 Sloane Street, Epsom Downs, Bryanston, 2021 in order to vote on the ordinary resolutions necessary to implement the transactions.
Salient dates and times:
- Circular distributed to shareholders on Thursday, 26 November 2009.
- Last day for shareholders to lodge forms of proxy for the general meeting at 9:00am or alternatively to be handed to the chairman of the general meeting at least 10 minutes before the commencement of the general meeting Wednesday, 9 December 2009.
- General meeting to be held at 9:00am on Friday, 11 December 2009.
- Results of general meeting to be released on SENS on Friday, 11 December 2009.
- Results of general meeting to be published in the press on Monday, 14 December 2009.
Any material changes to these dates and times will be released on SENS and published in the South African press. Any reference to time is a reference to South African time. Circular to Shareholders